Thursday, May 14, 2009

My Mother's Day

I had a WONDERFUL Mother's Day! The day started out with Jared letting me sleep in while he took care of Ethan. When I woke up and come to the kitchen I found this...
Breakfast (waffles, eggs, and sausage) a dozen BEAUTIFUL roses, an AMAZING picture of Christ and the MOST yummy chocolate treats. I was totally surprised cuz I told Jared that for my Mother's Day present I wanted to buy some flowers to plant in our yard but I'd wait to get those later. So I wasn't expecting anything! Isn't my husband wonderful! I love him so much and I so lucky to have such a sweet, loving, thoughtful hubby.


After breakfast we got ready for church and then went to my mom's for dinner and a wonderful phone call from my little brother who's on his mission in Iowa. He'll be home in less then 6 months! Wow time has gone by so quickly! I'm so proud of him!

Then we headed up to my grandma's for a visit and the later to see Jared's mom. She came up from St. George this weekend and we had such a great visit. Ethan had loads of fun. He played all day with Addy. These pictures were taken at my Grandma's in her tree house. They are so cute together.


While we were at my mom's Ethan figured out how to climb up the ladder and on to my mom's trap. He LOVED it! These are a few clips of Ethan jumping.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay for being a mom! BIG yay for a dad/hubby who "gets it". You know what I mean. :) xo

Beau and Jen said...

Such cute pics Shanny! I want a copy of him and Ady!

Beau and Jen said...

ps> love the blog wear! :)

Becky said...

Oh Shan! Ethan is getting so big! He is such a handsome little boy! Great pictures and video. And it looks like you had a WONDERFUL mother's day! You deserve it!

I can't believe your brother only has 6 months left! Time really does fly! Crazy! I miss you!

Leslie & Matt said...

The videos of him jumping are great! Glad you had a nice mom's day surprise!

Becca said...

Roses?! WOW. I am totally jealous. No flowers here. I love Ethan's grin - so cute in the tree house!