Thursday, January 07, 2010

Christmas Candy and Cookies


Growing up my family lived with my grandparents. One of the many blessing that came from this was spending lots of time with my Grandma Withers. She past away about 9 years ago but our family still carries on her tradition of making Christmas candy. When I was young it was a month long thing but now that we are older, grown up and busier we do it all in one day. This year we made lots of yummy treats but I was terrible about taking pictures. Here are just a few that I took. Ethan, Jared and our friend Chad are dipping marshmallow in chocolate. One of Ethan's favorite treats.

We also had our own little Christmas goody making nights. Here are a few pictures of Ethan "helping."

5 comments:

Beau and Jen said...

Cute! Ethan is such a good cooker! I took tons of pictures on MOM'S camera. We should still it and make a copy!

Leslie & Matt said...

Ethan is such a big boy!! I want to include some time during the holidays next year for sugar cookies-I just ran out of time this year! :)

Kate Lewis said...

I love the pictures of Ethan helping make cookies. He is getting so big!

Michelle said...

I think this all looks so fun! Is there any way you could e-mail me the instructions for the chocolate covered marshmellows? It looks simple, but I'm sure to mess something up. =) It just looks like something that Sophie could have a lot of fun with! frenchfryqueen@hotmail.com Thanks Shantell! I hope you guys are doing great! (and no hurry on this, it's just if you get time and are thinking about it)

Becky said...

CHOCOLATE COVERED MARSHMALLOWS!!!! GENIUS! THAT SOUNDS SO DELICIOUS!