Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Mickey Mouse B-day Party!

With us going to Disneyland in just a few short weeks and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse being one of the few shows Ethan will watch I thought a Mickey Mouse themed birthday party was the perfect idea.

Let me set the stage for you. We have a pretty small house so in order for both sides of the family to attend Ethan's party we had it at Jared's work in the gym. I sent out these adorable invitations...


And here is the table...

My wonderful and thoughtful friend Brittney gave Ethan this adorable Mickey Mouse that I used as the center piece.
I made Mickey Mouse cupcakes I had ears for the kids to wear
And treat bags to take home

We played a bean bag toss game that Jared and I made and Jenny made the cute bean bags...
Then we played duck, duck, goose only the kids said Mickey, Mickey, Mouse. This game seemed to be a big hit. Even the older kids enjoyed this game.

Then we played find Pluto's bones. I didn't get any pictures of this game but in some of my photos you can see white bones taped on the wall. The game was like an Easter egg hunt. They had to find 4 bones and when they found them they brought them to me and I gave them their treat bag.


Next we open presents...
Then we sang happy birthday and had cupcakes & ice cream sandwiches. We had a TV with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse playing for the kids to watch while the ate. I think the party was a big hit. I worked really hard on it and really enjoyed the out come. Thanks to everyone who came and helped us celebrate Ethan's 2nd Birthday!

20 comments:

Heidi said...

So cute! I love the cupcakes, and all of your party ideas, AWESOME party!!

Dustin and Selena said...

WHAT the kid is 2! It does look like you put a lot a hard work into the party, but it definately looks like a lot of fun. What a great mom!

Brittney said...

Oh my gosh Shan!! This is like the cutest party ever!! You are so good. And it really came out so perfectly! I love your new blog look too! WOW!!

Becca said...

Okay, you really put us all to shame! At least me and my birthday parties. Such a cute idea and i love the games. It's crazy that you have a 2 year old, huh?

Happy B-day Ethan and I can't wait for your adventures to Disney Land! Your parents are the best!

Becky said...

Oh my goodness! Has it really been TWO YEARS!?!?! Wow! Ethan looks like such a big boy! His Mickey Mouse party sounds like it was SO fun! Good job Shan! I miss you!

Lindsay said...

Happy Birthday Eathan! What a fun party! What a great family! Shan, I love the cupcake idea--very cute and they seem do-able for a non-artistic one like myself...I'll log that one a way for later.

PS love the blog. Have SO much fun at Disneyland.

Leslie & Matt said...

Wow Shan it turned out GREAT!! You really went the extra mile & I can see that it was a huge hit! You have inspired me to download & post the pics from Brinley's "Minnie Mouse" party. Only 3 weeks until your trip!! YAY!!! PS I love your blog design...SUPER cute!!

Melinice said...

omg your party looks amazing...i'm also doing a mickey mouse themed party and was actually looking for mickey mouse bean bag toss game and i'm unable to find it....is there any way that you sell the hand made one that i see in ur pics...please please...well if you can contact me at chini227@aol.com i would greatly appreciate...thank you...melinice

Christine said...

Hello! I am researching ideas for my son's second birthday and came across your blog. The whole party looked like so much fun! I was wondering if you could let me know where you had the treat bags made! Theyre so adorable and I would love to have them made for my son's birthday! Thanks so much! Your blog is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Where did you get those headbands? Mickey ears are so expensive and difficult to find in bulk. Thanks. LOVE the invites! You did a great job and I'm stealing your idea.

Anonymous said...

OMG I love your invites and treat bags.....will you share where or how you did it! Awesome job!!! My daughter is having a 2nd bday with Mickey theme....doing lots of research! Thanks Kristine
freestone08@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

Love the invites and everything else! Please share how or where you did your invites pls?! Lanivaka@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

OMG those invitations are very lovely... I was wondering is there any way you can send me a tutorial/instructions on how to complete the invites. My email is tkm61984@gmail.com, Kisha. Thank you for the insights and ideas.

Anonymous said...

Could you email me how you made the top part of the treat bags please? megnk22@yahoo.com

If you could just put treat bags in the subject line so I know it's you.

Thanks a lot! Great party and ideas!

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I love your invitations. Where did you get them from? :)
Thank you,
Nin

Anonymous said...

hi, i absolutely love the invites. i was researching some for my son's first birthday and came across your blog, could you please message me and let me know where you got them? thanks :)ashley.hart23@yahoo.com

copper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
copper said...

Love ur party! I'm doing my daughters birthday party in mini mouse and I'm doing the invites myself. Was wondering if u could tell me where u got the fold up card that goes inside the invitation u made? Thank you! My email is copper_allen@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Love the invites and the head bands. Could you please tell me where did you find them. I have a boy who really wants a Mickey M. Party !
Chef.lupita@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

I love the invitation would you please tell me how you did it... did you use a template.
Appreciate your feeback
Kari
kzledesma@yahoo.com