Saturday, December 25, 2010

Turning 3!!!

Say what?! Three? Yes my little man is now three and it is so hard to believe. I'm sure I'll be saying that with each birthday that my kids have but it true. It's exactly how I feel with each year that passes. This year we decided to do a family party instead of a big family and friends party. I was super excited for his birthday and went with a cars theme. We decorated the front room for his birthday day with streamers and balloons. 

He opened one of his presents from us which was a cars t-shirt and a new movie



Then in the late afternoon we took him to see Despicable Me which he loved.


After the movie we went home and opened his last present, a scooter. He loves scooters and has been asking for one of these for a long time. So he was very excited to get this present.



After presents we had cake and ice cream. I made the cake and was pretty happy with the way it turned out. I made my own fondant to create the checkered flag around the cake and colored some coconut for the grass on top. When Ethan first saw his cake he said "wow" which totally made it worth all of my hard work. 





Happy birthday little man. We sure love you!

4 comments:

Leslie & Matt said...

I love that E and Brin get to share a B-Day & I always think of you guys on that special day! He is so cute eating his cake with his "scooter gear" still on!! Ah, I am dying for a trip to UT & when it happens I really want to hang out-more than once! :) Happy Belated B-Day Ethan!!

Heather said...

Wow! I can't believe how big he is! He is so cute in his Cars gear! The cake turned out great!! Great job! We totally need to get together. I miss seeing you and I have to meet the princess of the family.

Lindsay said...

The birthday cake, the halloween costumes...Shan, you are amazing! Great job!

Brittney said...

Holy cow woman. You are super mom. I can't believe that cake!!! I'm SUPER DUPER impressed.