Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Christmas Candy

Pictures from our traditional Withers Candy making day. This year we decided to mix things up in hopes to make it easier on ourselves. Not really sure that work though. We chose to make and decorate sugar cookies, dip pretzels & marshmallows in chocolate,  and do Rolo & Hug Pretzel Bites. Plus a few other things we did before had. The sugar cookies were a huge kit with the kids but a lot of work and time. Oh well…we are making memories and carrying on tradition.

 IMG_1966 IMG_1967

Side note about my goofy brother…He’s wearing an apron that my grandma Withers use to where when she cooked. This year we each got to have one of her aprons. Something I will cherish because it brings back so many memories.

IMG_1968  IMG_1970

I love that the everyone was getting involved this year. That’s what was so great about doing the cookies. I think we will do these next year but perhaps on a smaller scale. My sister and I both made a huge batch of dough but we only used one of them and it still made oodles of cookies.

IMG_1971  IMG_1973 IMG_1974 IMG_1975 IMG_1976 

My mom wanted to show the kids how to make Carmel popcorn in a brown paper sack. It’s kind of like kettle corn but yummier. I think the kids favorite part was watching the popcorn pop in the old fashion air popper. Totally something from my childhood.

 IMG_1978

It was a great day full of memories!

No comments: