Friday, November 07, 2008

It's fun to be ONE!

To add to the excitement of our busy Halloween weekend we had Ethan's 1st birthday party. Here's a few pictures...

This is Ethan with his cousin Lucy. I couldn't get him to stand still long enough for me to take his picture, so I had Lucy stand by him in hopes that I could get a picture of him with this cute hat and shirt.


Here's Ethan eating his very first slice of pizza. These next few pictures are of him opening his presents...well really I opened the presents and tried to get him to help me.

He LOVES this toy. He pushed it around all night and now that we are home he seems to always have it in his hands. Not only does he push it around be he also picks it up and shakes it.

Now on to the best part...the CAKE!

At first he wasn't really sure what to do. He just touched it and then kept his hands on the cake. But once he realized that he could it eat cake was everywhere!

It was a fun party and I'm still trying to figure out what happened to the past year. Time goes by too fast...way too fast. But I sure love this little guy!

9 comments:

Becky said...

Oooo! That makes me want cake! He's cute and I really can't believe it's been a year!!!

Annie said...

What a handsome boy!! I can't believe he is already one. It looks like you guys had such a fun party...very cute pictures!

Heidi said...

What a great birthday party! Where was it?

Nicki said...

He is so cute! Looks like he had a blast with the cake. I'm going to add you to my contacts if that's okay.

Blinzinger Family said...

Happy 1st Birthday Ethan! I can't believe he is already 1! Holy cow! Our kids are growing up way too fast making us old...way too fast.

Becca said...

Happy B-day Ethan! You totally scored on all those presents!

Michelle said...

Yay Ethan! Way to destoy your cake! he is so cute!

The Batty Bunch said...

I'm sure glad the onesie made an appearance. Sorry for the misplacement. I can not believe the little fart is 1 where does the time go.

Danica said...

His little cake is soooo cute!! I love how messy he got, such a cutie!