Sunday, November 13, 2011

Superhero Birthday Party!

For Ethan's 4th birthday party he chose to have a superhero party. Here's the invite I made. {by the way you can click on any of these photos to see them larger}
As the kids got to the party they each got to color their own wrist bands and then open a present.
Inside the present was a cape with their initial on it and mask for each kids. 
Once all of our superheros where dressed we went outside to vaporize all of the bad guys. I put pictures of villains on our fence and kids used silly string to vaporize them. 
Next we used our super strengthen to lift super heavy weights. Then we practiced our flying skills and flew over tall city buildings.
We then played a few games of flying around the house
Used our super powers to play red rover
And used our super smart brains to find the clues that lead us to the cake....but there was a villain standing in our way so the kids used their super powers to get past him.
We sang happy birthday
Opened presents
And then each kid got a little super sucker as a thank you for coming to our superhero party. 
I think the kids all had fun and I know that Ethan did. Thanks to everyone who helped me with this party and happy birthday to my little buddy!

9 comments:

Leslie & Matt said...

What a "SUPER" party! hehehe Honestly though Shan, this is one of the cutest ideas I've ever seen! The capes, the masks, the weights, they city!!! I kept thinking oh, that is cute!! OH THAT is cute! OH THAT IS CUTE!!! I may just have to copy this party in the near future for Grayden. His favorite show is Super Readers...thanks for all the great ideas. Oh, and Happy Birthday Ethan!

The Bowes said...

What a great party! Looks very cool

webster farm said...

Love love love his comic invitation! You always do such an amazing job!

Becky said...

That is stinkin' cute! I bet all those kids had a blast!

Brittney said...

Holy crap Shantell. You are the party master! This is BEYOND cute. Wow. You are MY super hero!

Unknown said...

It WAS an awesome party! I'm so glad you let me stay & be a part of all the fun. :) My big guy now thinks he NEEDS a superhero party...maybe I can find a party planner to hire. ;)

Kate Lewis said...

I love, love, love all your birthday party ideas! The pictures of the kids by the buildings are my absolute favorite.

CarrieLu and Madi too said...

Wow!!! So, many awesome ideas! I bet the kids loved getting to open a present and spray silly string! It was all so cute, you should win an award for the coolest party ever! You put mine to shame. ;)

Lindsay said...

WOW. Great party! I bet the kids had so much fun and that Ethan felt really special. Happy Birthday!