Thursday, August 16, 2012

Withers family time

Instead of going camping this year with my family we ended up having a fun day of food, roller skating and jumping.

Here are pictures from us skating at classic skating. There are a few funny things about this. One, the skating rink hasn’t changed since I was a kids so it was totally a throw back in time and two, this is the last thing Jared and I thought we’d be doing with my family. BUT it was super fun!

{PS sorry for the scary and crazy red eyes in these pics. I’m too lazy to go through each of these and fix them}

DSC06191

One of the great things about this place is that you can have strollers and scooters on the ring. Making it possible for everyone of every age to be able to have fun.

DSC06188

The great thing about pushing Madelyn is that the stroller was also a great support for the not so great skaters.

DSC06178

This is the only picture I have of my dad skating but he did awesome! He started out with the old school skates and then soon changed to roller blades. He enjoyed them much better.

DSC06189

My brother Ryan and brother-in-law Beau

DSC06200

Ethan with my nieces Paycee and Adysen

DSC06181

My brother Jamason and his wife Angel

DSC06192 (1)

Ryan and my mom

DSC06212

Ryan and his family

DSC06208

Jared and I skating our first snowball skate(couples only skate)  :)

DSC06196

My brother Brandon and his soon to be wife Sara

DSC06184

And of course me taking advantage of the stroller with my terrible skating skills. Jared was literally doing circles around me. He’s a pro on skates.

DSC06214

My awesome sister Jenalee and her hubby.

The last part of the day we spent running and jumping around these crazy things. I actually got in on the action and LOVE it! It’s fun to be a kid again.

DSC06218

A few of these photos I took with my phone so the quality isn’t great but the memories are.

IMG_1128 IMG_1136

IMG_1130 IMG_1131

These two pictures are of us at the top of one of the slides

 IMG_1132

IMG_1137

Madelyn was pretty scared of these things and didn’t really want anything to do with them but right at the end she decided that this entrance was just enough fun for her. She’d climb up and then scoot down and sometimes climb inside and jump around.

DSC06226

To end the night the boys played a few video games.

DSC06225

Even though we were able to do our traditional yearly camping trip this was tons of fun and wonderful memories!

2 comments:

Katie said...

What a random thing to do but SO FUN! My family should do this! You make me so excited to be skinny again and do stuff with my kids. I always feel like I can't get on things like that because I'm too big.... can't wait to be like a kid again either!!! :)

Beau Graves | Burnt Flame said...

Such a fun trip with everyone! We need to do it again!