Monday, September 17, 2012

Guess what I realized today?

7 years ago TODAY Jared proposed to me :) I don’t think I’ve ever posted about this so I thought we’d take a little walk down memory lane.

Wings 042

It was a beautiful fall Saturday and we had no plans that day. So we decided to head up to Sundance to look at the beautiful leaves and ride tram.

Wings 043

Wings 054

Once we got to the top we ironically ran into my sister and her now husband. Way back then they were dating and Beau was working at Sundance running the tram. We jumped off said hi for a bit and then started walking down the trail. After walking for a while we stopped to look the view of the mountain and waterfall.

Wings 046

Wings 049

Wings 048

Wings 045

I had no idea was was coming next. He was fiddling around with a piece of grass and then pulled out this a paper with a bunch of notes written on it. He then proceeded to read from this paper which was a beautiful poem he had written and then asked me to marry him. He gave me the piece of grass that he had made into a ring. I of course said yes and then he pulled out a ring box and gave me my beautiful wedding ring which I love! Such a fun memory and crazy to think that was just seven years ago.

 Wings 050

 Wings 051

  Wings 053

7 comments:

CarrieLu and Madi too said...

Aww, that is so sweet Shantell. Thanks for sharing. :) Great photos too!

Beau and Jen said...

Oh!! I remember that day!! Cute pics!

Becky said...

Awesome!!!

Katie said...

CUTE!!!! I'm so glad you told your story... I'd never heard it! So awesome that you took picture!!!

Unknown said...

That's so awesome! I'm glad you shared this because after reading it I realized that I've never even heard this story. Wow! Seven years went fast and just wait until you're in the double digits...it goes even faster if you can believe it!!!

Brittney said...

I'm sure you told me this story before, but I definitely didn't remember the details. Thanks for sharing. LOVE that you have so many great pictures of this day.

Unknown said...

that Jared is a romantic! every girl needs a engagement story, so sweet.