Monday, January 09, 2012

Disneyland 2011-Day One

{Note: There are A LOT of photos in our Disnyland 2011 posts. So I've tried to group them together make them smaller. But if you click on the photos you should be able to enlarge them and see them better}

In early December we took another trip to Dinseyland with Jared's family. We split up the drive by driving to St. George and staying one night at Jared's parents house and then driving the rest of the way the next day. These pictures are us leaving from Orem to St. George. We weren't even out of town and Madelyn fell fast a sleep.
These are from St. George to Disneyland. I love these pictures because you can see just how excited the kids are. Even Madelyn.
We stopped along the way to grab a bite to eat and let the kids run around. Here's Madelyn enjoying her fries.
We finally made it to our hotel room. This year we decided to share a room with Jared's parents and it worked out great. The kids loved spending time with Grandma & Grandpa and every morning we woke up to Madelyn standing in her pack & play saying "hi" or "hello". It was quite adorable. 
That night we walked to IHOP and had a yummy dinner. The dining room was so small that our family took up half of it. Here's Ethan and Lucy smiling so sweetly while they wait for their dinner. 
The next day we woke up bright and early and headed to Disneyland. Here we are all loaded up and waiting for our shuttle to come pick us up. 
The kids had fun running around outside the gates waiting for our turn to go in. This is one of my favorite photos.
Once we got in the park we headed to buzz and rode that two or three times. Yeah for no lines! At first Madelyn was not a fan of this ride. It's pretty loud and a bit crazy but by the end she seemed to enjoy it. Ethan of course had a blast. Next we rode Nemo. I really enjoy this ride. I think it's very relaxing.
Next Jared and Ethan went on autopia. Jared said that Ethan had fun and really liked driving the car.
Then we headed over to the Jedi  Training Academy. My sister-in-law was saving us some seats and we got there just in time. I was really hoping that Ethan would get picked and when the Jedi Master passed by him I was so sad. But I told him to keep his hand up and then as the last minute he was picked. He absolutly LOVED it. 
Here's a video of Ethan fighting Darth Vedor. My favorite part is when he jumps and ducks.
After that we took turns riding star tours. Ethan and I got to ride together. I was really nervous about him riding this because it's in 3D and kind of a jerky ride. It throws you all over the place. But he did great and loved it. Of course as soon as we came out of the ride the first thing he saw was a light saber and really wanted that. How could we say no. That was his suvinour for this year. He loves it. 

Next we went to the other side of the park and rode pirates. Another great family ride. By this point Madelyn was so tired. She actually feel asleep on this ride. So I put her down in the stroller and walked around with her while everyone else rode the riverboat.
Sadly her nap did not last long. The park was just too noise for her to sleep. After the riverboat it was time to ride haunted mansion. Ethan did not like this ride. He would often tell me how much he did not like this ride and that he did not want to ride it again. 

After that we spent the last part of our day in Toon Town. One of Ethan's favorite places. He really enjoyed driving the boat and the cars. 

3 comments:

Brittney said...

I'm such a boob. I'm crying!!! HAHA! Thats how much I LOVE seeing people enjoy Disneyland. That video is so cute. He did AWESOME!!! I'm so happy he got picked. Someday we'll take our families together. Won't that be fun?!

Unknown said...

So cute! We need to go back to the happiest place on earth soon!

Katie said...

Oh man this makes me so jealous. hahaha I love it! I love that you're describing your trip in detail too.... I love hearing what people did AND seeing their pictures!!!!