Thursday, January 12, 2012

Disneyland 2011-Day Two

On day two of our trip we had plans to get up early and do our early morning in Disneyland but we were way behind and didn't make it. So instead we took our time getting ready and enjoyed the morning. When we got to Disneyland as soon as we walked in we were lucky enough to be surrounded by all of the characters. Ethan was so excited to meet them and have them sign his book. Madelyn on the other hand was a little afraid of them.
After meeting all of these guys we hiked over to Fantasyland so we could ride Small World. The last time we came we never had a chance to ride this so we wanted to make sure and do it this year. I'm so glad we did because it's for sure one of my favorite rides and I'd say it's Madelyn's too. She would sit so still on my lap and just look around her in awe.
For the rest of the day we spent it in California Adventure. First up was A Bug's Land. This picture is from a little train that is very slow and somewhat boring but the kids always love it.
Next Jared, Ethan, Rachael, Fisher and Macie rode the bumper cars.
And then it was onto the flyers.
After that we had a lunch break and then decided to watch it's tough to be a bug movie. BAD IDEA! Ethan and Madelyn were scared to death by that movie. I guess it is a little too really for such little kids. We quickly left the theater and were lucky enough to see and meet these two. 
Next we headed over to Hollywood Picture Backlot and ran into another friend
And Got to see the very end of this show
Then we rode Monsters a few times
Ran into a few more friends
(as you can tell Madelyn was not interested in meeting these guys)
Then we headed over to the pier to have some fun. First up was the carousel.
Then we went to ride the little mermaid where Madelyn fell asleep before we even made it on the ride. Poor baby was so tired. 
After that we ran into woody and Jesse. And played a few games on the board walk. Ethan and Jared won a cute little bullseye.
I had heard that the Disney Jr. show that they have in the Hollywood Picture Backlot was a great show for kids Ethan's age. So I wanted to make sure we took him to see that. So we walked back to the backlot and stood in line for the show. We were one of the first few to get inside and got a great seat. Ethan's cousin and best buddy Fisher came along with us. These pictures are from my phone and not very good but the boys are standing up and dancing with Mickey. The absolutely LOVED the show and I'm so glad we took them.
After that we kind of just hung out at the pier. We had tickets to see the color of wonder show that didn't start for a while. We took Ethan over to ride the jelly fish and he loved it. I think we rode it 3 times or so. 
For dinner we ate in the park and had the biggest most yummiest corn dogs I've ever had.
After dinner we waited for what seemed like forever in the cold and sometimes windy park. The kids were quickly fading but finally the show started and it was awesome! I thought it was totally worth the wait. Sadly I did not get any pictures of it but as we were walking out of the park both our kids fell asleep in a matter of minutes. It was just too cute and too funny to not take a picture. 

3 comments:

Katie said...

You are the 2nd person I've heard say those corn dogs are the best. Definitely getting those next time I go!!!! All your pictures are making me so excited to have a BOY at Disneyland too. The Star Wars and Toy Story stuff.... yay!

Brittney said...

I could make 1000 comments on everything you posted. But I'll try and keep it short.

Yes, those corndogs are the most amazing things ever!!! We get them a couple times every time we go. They also have 'em at a couple of locations at Disneyland too. To. Die. For.

I'm so jealous you got to meet Jake!! He JUST BARELY started meeting guests like the week before you got there. SO FUN! Yo ho let's go!! (Scarlett & Josh love that show! HAHA)

I'm so glad you saw the Disney Jr. Live on Stage show. I knew E would love it and I bet Madelyn did too.

You have some GREAT pictures. Did you get a new camera?? Those pictures on the Flyers are AWESOME!

I'm also jealous you got to ride Small World. It was closed while we were there so they could put up the cute Christmas decorations. So Scarlett has to wait til our next trip to experience it. Babies LOVE that ride, huh?! It's such a great one for them.

And how fun that you got to meet all the main characters in their Christmas outfits!! CUTE!!!!

webster farm said...

SO JELOUS! Looks like you guys had so much fun!