Monday, January 23, 2012

Disneyland 2011-Day Three & Four

On our third day we took a day off from Disneyland and spent the day being a little more lazy. We took a trip up to LA and spent most of our day at the California Science Center. This place was pretty fun and very hands on. Unfortunately I only took 2 photos. We were really enjoying our day and letting the kids play. Ethan had a lot of fun exploring and learning.
They had this HUGE aquarium that was floor to ceiling. This was one of my favorite things. They also have a show were some divers get into the aquarium and teach you about the fish but we missed the show.
They had TONS of hands on exhibits. Every moms dream. If this place was close to me I'd be there all of the time with the kids. Here they had a couple of boats where the kids got to put on a life vest and then go fishing. Once they caught a fish the had to match it in the puzzle that was on deck. 

On day four (our last day of the trip) we spent it first in Disneyland. Jared's parents wanted to go on a ride with the kids so they took them on Alice in Wonderland. This ride is as crazy as the movie. But I think the kids enjoyed it and I know they love spending time with Grandma and Grandpa. 
Then we went on small world again and storybook land canal boats (which that boat is a little scary to get into) and then on to dumbo. 
I love rides like this were we can ride as a family.

Next was the carrousel
Of course Madelyn was much more interested in the ride then me taking her picture.

Then Jared took Ethan on one of his favorite rides. The Big Thunder Mountain.
You can't see Jared and Ethan cuz I think they are behind the brown box. I tried so hard to get a good photo of them but holding Madelyn and taking a picture at the same time is not so easy. But they are on there somewhere.

Ethan really wanted to ride the Astro Orbitor so we rode that and then headed over to California Adventure.
We rode toy story :)
Silly Ethan in the toy story box showing me he is four years old.
Then we rode the ferris wheel
Then spent the rest our time in the redwood creek challenge trail. Ethan and Jared had a lot of fun here. I was so surprised at how brave Ethan was walking across the ropes.
And on our way out of the park we got to meet our last character. DUG!
Then we took a few pictures in front of the new Disneyland Resort sign before we left.
We had a wonderful time on our trip and really enjoyed being with family. Next time we come will be so fun and magical. Madelyn will be at such a fun age. I'm guessing that she will be crazy about princesses and I can't wait for her excitement as we get to meet them :)

1 comment:

Beau and Jen said...

holy moly! What a trip! Awesome pictures! Make me want to go back really bad... but with kids :) Its more funner that way! Glad you guys were able to make it out there.