Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Our Thomas Adventure

My friend Kristy invited me and the kids to go up to Heber to meet Thomas the train with her and her boys. We meet at the mouth of the canyon, loaded my kids into her car and started our adventure. As we were chatting and traveling we heard this bang then a thud, thud, thud. Kristy quickly pulled over and we got out of the car so figure out what happened. Sure enough we had a flat tire. So there were are with a car full of kids on the side of a very busy road with a flat tire. Now some may think that we'd just wait until someone came to our rescue but not these girls. We got down and dirty. Pulled out the jack, got the spare tire out and went to work...
Well I should say that Kristy went to work. I played more of the support role. Ha! We got the car jacked up but could not get the lug nuts off. Which Kristy knew that would happen so as soon as we pulled over she called her hubby to come help us. As we waited for her husband a few fishermen came up from fishing so we kindly asked them to help us. As Kristy and the fishermen worked on the car I went to check on the kids. By this point all of them were crying and terrified that we were going to fall over the edge and into the water. (we were parked near the river and they could see it from the car). After lots of tears and telling them that this is our fun adventure I finally got them to calm down. 
So Kristy's hubby came and between everyone we got the tire changed and were back on the road. We now were very behind schedule and barley made it in time to catch our ride on Thomas the train. 
I think the kids had lots of fun and Ethan talked about getting a flat tire for a few days. Hopefully that's not the only part he remembers. Thanks for the memorable times Kristy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh, boy. What memorable times they were! I have to say, I do LOVE that our kids are now making memories together, just like we did as kids! I'm SO glad we've stayed close over the years. xoxo

Heather said...

Wow...the flat tire sounds scary!! Poor kiddos! I am glad that you guys made it safe and sound and had such a memorable and fun time! Ethan looks so big!