Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Carnival Birthday Party

We had a huge celebration for Madelyn and Jenner's (my nephew) 1st birthday AND to celebrate Jenner's older brother Race's baptism.

To get the party started we sent out these invites
I have so many photos that I've grouped them all together. Click on the photos to see them larger.

Below you can see the party from a far. Doesn't it look great! Thanks to my awesome friends for hanging up all of those balloons! We had fresh cotton candy for our thank yous and some fun games for the kids. Including our cute clown bean bag toss that we made.
I  had a banner with pictures of Madelyn, one from each month of her life hung up. A face painting station. Freshly popped popcorn and lots of yummy food. We served hot dogs and asked our guest to bring a side dish. Then we finished things off with funnel cakes and cupcakes!
My sister and I made this cupcakes to look like little cups of popcorn. It took some time and love but they turned out great!
Here are few pictures from the kids eating their birthday cupcake. Jenner was loving it and dove right in. But Madelyn was not interested at all. She poked at it a little bit but other then that she wanted nothing to do with it. Silly girl.
One of my favorite parts of the party was the photo booth. It was fun to get people to dress up and pose for a fun photo. I think these turned out so cute!
Madelyn has spoiled with all of the present she got. Below are some snap shots of her opening her presents.
The party was a lot of work but totally worth it. I love to celebrate my kids birthdays and sometimes it fun to get a little crazy and carried away. A HUGE thank you to everyone who came to celebrate such a fun time in our little girls life.

2 comments:

Angenelle said...

This was so fun!! Loved it!!

Leslie & Matt said...

Holy COW! Everything was so stinkin cute! I absolutely LOVED the little pop-corn cup cakes! I wish that we could have stayed in UT just a few days longer & made it to such a fun party! :)