Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Madelyn's Birthday

On Madelyn's actually birthday we had a little celebration with just our little family. 
First she opened some presents. Ethan was very excited and eager to help her. He picked out a play phone as his present to her.
Jared and I gave her some new clothes and her very first cabbage patch doll. She was so excited for that doll and couldn't wait for Jared to open it. As soon as she got it she gave her a hug and a kiss. She loves her dolly.
Next we had milk and cookies and sang happy birthday to her. This was one of her first times having milk and as  you can see she loved her cookie. What a fun birthday for a 1 year old.
This last year has gone by so quickly. I can hardly believe we are celebrating her 1st birthday. She is a great baby, full of life and personality. Her older brother is her buddy and she is as sweet as can be. We love her so much and feel so blessed to have her in our family.

Here is a short slide of pictures I used for her birthday party. It is one photo from every month of her life. It's fun to see our little princess grow.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

She's such a beautiful little girl!! I love her shirt and headband!!

Brittney said...

Me too! Her shirt and headband are ADORABLE! What a cute slideshow too!!! I cannot believe she's already 1!

CarrieLu and Madi too said...

That's so cute of her kissing the cabbage patch baby! Where did you get her cute shirt? The headband is cute too. The slideshow is such a good idea, I might have to borrow that idea on Ashton's first b'day.

Shantell said...

Thanks ladies! I got the shirt from Target and I made her headband out of some ribbon I had.