Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Going to the Zoo

Before Jared left on a weekend trip with his buddy we went to the zoo for some fun family time. Sadly I did a terrible job at taking pictures. It seems like every time we go to the zoo I'm too busy looking at everything instead of taking pictures. But here are the few that I took. I should have done a much better job because this was Madelyn's first time going.

The kids loved watching this big guy move around.
The giraffes were so fun to watch. They were out and about and right up close. We got to see just how long his tongue was. Ethan thought it was pretty neat.
Having a little lunch break :)
This picture isn't that great but we got to see the elephant show. It wasn't as great as we hoped it would be but it was fun to see the elephants out and moving around. The baby elephant is adorable though!
This was the highlight of our trip. The new bird show they have is awesome! Totally worth your time. The birds fly right above your head and do some fun tricks. Ethan loved every minute of it. 

3 comments:

Leslie & Matt said...

Ah, trips to the zoo! Matt claims to hate the zoo, but I can usually convince him to go when I want to. hehehe Your pics are great! Everyone is accounted for except the photograper...which is usually the case! Ethan looks so grown up in his pic at lunch time...has he started preschool yet?

CarrieLu and Madi too said...

I kick myself when I forget to take pictures too. You got some good ones though. That baby elephant is so cute. I love the Hogle Zoo. What a cute and fun family you have. :)

Brittney said...

Cool! I didn't know they had a bird show. We always go in winter, so I don't think I've ever seen it!! We'll have to make a trek out there. FUN.